Thursday, June 24, 2010

Still waiting...

No big news yet. I saw my midwife today. I am 3cm dilated and 80-90% effaced. She said baby's head is "up in there" but right where he needs to be facing the correct way:) She said labor could start at anytime. She also said she couldn't strip membranes because I am GBS positive- but that was ok anyway because it is sometimes painful. I have had a number of contractions, but they aren't painful- they just tighten my stomach and keep me out of breath. The upper leg pain from baby pushing up against my sciatic nerve has continued. Some have been very painful, some just annoying.

If I don't go into labor this weekend I have another appointment on Monday afternoon and I will have an ultrasound, a non-stress test, and a pre-natal appointment. Then they will decide to induce me on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on how everything looks with the ultrasound and on availability at the hospital.)

Baby loves to move around a lot in the early evening between 5-6 pm, and again between 9-11pm. John and my mom have both felt him and have seen my stomach bouncing up and down:)

My mom flew in on Tuesday night and has been a big help even without the baby here. She has made meals, cleaned my freezer and a few cupboards, and has helped me get ready for baby. John has appreciated having her here because he worries about me less.
I am soo excited I have a timeline again:) Less than a week...or any day now:)

1 comment:

Kt said...

Well the great news is that your body is progressing without much discomfort for you! Hopefully this little guy will decide to come on his own in the next few days and you won't have to go until Monday with the tests and whatnot. Can't wait to hear!