1. Angel Care monitor. Since I was younger and did a school report on SIDS, I have always been paranoid with making sure babies are breathing. I don't think I would sleep more than 30 min. at a time if I didn't have this monitor which senses the slightest movement (including breathing) and beeps if no movement is detected. It is awesome!
2. Itzbeen Timer This timer is something I read about in another blog...it looked so great that I had to have it. I used it consistently to time my contractions before baby was born, and now I use it to time feedings, my pills, and sometimes baby sleep patterns.
My Itzbeen Baby Care Timer
3. Baby Daze book. I got this book as a gift, and wasn't sure I was going to use it, but since I had trouble with breastfeeding it was GREAT to record when I was feeding/supplementing, diaper changes and everything else. It really helped when the lactation consultants ask what we had been doing so far. I can whip out my book and say "see":)
4. Ice Packs. I don't think I need to show a picture or tell you how I use them...but they are great (especially because we don't have AC)
5. My glider and ottoman. I spend a lot of time in this chair, so much that John hooked up a TV and DVD player so I can watch DVD's while I BF or pump.
6. Swaddle wraps. These are awesome for night time because they don't come un-tied and they keep the little man swaddled. I got one at a garage sale, but I bought another one because they are so handy dandy.
7. Family members who help out. My mom and John's mom have been amazing helping out in whatever way they can. I especially love when they take baby Jay and rock him to sleep, cuddle him when he is sad or pat him while he is crying- while I take a nap:)