Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday School Drama

This Sunday I taught the story of Shadrack, Meshach, and Abednigo to 4-8 year olds in Sunday School. I really enjoy them, and with the costumes that I got from garage sales, after reading the story, we put on a play. Everything was going great, and everyone was acting out their part beautifully. The king (who happened to like pink)was great at being furious with Shadrack, Meschach and Abednigo for not bowing down to his statue. She (the king) sent them to the fiery furnace! Right then Shadrack(a 4 year old boy) started to cry. Apparently the drama was too real. After a switch-out of Shadrack, a hug from another leader, and a safe appearance out of the furnace, he was fine. I guess I will think twice before doing a play next time:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your play must have been so dramatic!
I sometimes used dolls to tell stories or puppets. Maybe when they're scarey that would be better.
Sounds like you had good actors.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I think the scary-ness is good, in a way. It really gives them an idea for how much the real Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego had to trust in the Lord. The fiery furnace was actually real, and yet they trusted God enough to not bow down to the idol. Understanding the scary-ness of it all might actually make the story more real and applicable to them - no matter what may scare them in real life, God is there with them, because he was there with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.

JessieJo said...

Ang, Are you guys ok? Your house? I hope the tornado missed you! Jess

The Breuer Five said...

Gee, I wonder who the 4 year old could have been? Little did Christian know that he was famous!