Friday, January 1, 2010

15 weeks

Now that I am in my second trimester, I wish that I could say things have changed for me...but mostly they haven't.
I still feel pretty nauseous most of the time. I think it has gotten a bit better, but I still have those bad days (see my I love my Husband post).

I went to the doctor this week. I have only gained 1 lb since before Thanksgiving which was puzzling to me, because I thought I had been eating significantly more than the first few weeks of pregnancy. I guess it isn't SO surprising because a lot of food still seems disgusting. No one seems to be worried about it.

My heartburn is still there, and I am still controlling it with my diet. I had frozen pizza (tomato sauce) and little pieces of broken chocolate chip cookie yesterday and I think it was a little to much for me (feel the burn:).

My mucus production has been out of control. I don't feel like I have a cold, but I do blow my nose like 100 times a day. I heard that pregnant women produce more mucus...and now I believe it.

We heard the heartbeat of our baby this week, which made it a bit more real for me. This is the first week when I have actually started thinking about the changes coming for us...which means I am NOT just thinking about ME and how I can make it through the day.

John and I are so excited for the 1st week in February when we have an ultrasound and find out whether our baby is a girl or a boy. John thinks it is a boy and I think it is a girl. We'll see:)

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool to hear the heartbeat--now it seems real.:)
MOM

Anonymous said...

sorry we did not get to see you at Christmas! Hope you start to feel better soon!!! Judy and family

Anonymous said...

Jack & I will be pleased whether it's a boy OR a girl! Can't wait to find out, though! Cherry

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers for girl.....you do really nice french braids:) But a boy could help work on that mountain climbing machine......
hmmmmmm.....
I guess 10 fingers and 10 toes and healthy is fine!! But keep us posted:)
Jodi & Crew