Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A list of firsts...

My dad grew up in Iowa, and loves fishing and boating. He also recently started scroll-sawing, which is pretty cool.
When my parents came to visit me in Colorado this summer, he talked about trying some new things. Here is a list of firsts for him:
1. Ranch Dressing
2. Macaroni Grill -yummy pasta!
3. The city of Denver
4. Traffic in Denver- It took us almost 6 hours to get from Colorado Springs to Milliken, which should take 2-2 1/2 hours.
5. Heavy rain and traffic in Denver- Not a good combination!
6. Starbucks coffee
7. The Royal Gorge- BEAUTIFUL. We got to ride an aerial tram, an incline railway, and a carousel, and we walked across the bridge.


Click on the picture to read the captions.




8. Self-checkout-(at Home Depot). We built a shelf for my scrapbooking stuff.
9. Red Robin- Yummy hamburgers!
10. Helicopter Ride! When dad saw the helicoper from the bridge, he said, "I gotta do that!" So we took "the good ride." It was amazing because the guy really took us for a "ride". After a few of the completely sideways turns, the dips and dives, and flying low in the canyon with rocks on both sides...my stomach got a little queezy, but I was still giggling in the back. Chad had seen the helicopter the week before when he was white water rafting in the Gorge and he said "that helicopter guy was INSANE!" We were on the insane helicopter guys' ride:)
Mom took pictures for us had to get us water afterwords (while we sat down) because we were still a bit shakey:)
P.S. The helicopter ride is kind of a second, because Dad and I were the only ones that got to go on a little bubble helicopter ride over the Wisconsin Dells when I was younger.




This is what most of my picts inside the helicopter look like, because when I was ready to take a picture, we would take off- UP-DOWN-or SIDEWAYS!

This one of the Bridge from the copter turned out good.




Thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow, that's cool. It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! I wish we were there too!

Lori said...

Ang, I love your outfit!
Dad, I can't believe you've never had Ranch dressing before!! Mmmmmm!
I wish I could've been there too!