Sunday, March 1, 2009

1st grade Art

As a computer teacher, I have trained my first graders to log in. When are logged in they can go to paint and draw. Sometimes they get a bit of time at the end to draw too. This week I was going through the folders, and I remembered how amusing it is to see how they spell things and wonder what they were thinking. The titles are exactly as they were written.

I know the art teacher has been teaching them something:
"Abstrakt"
"padern"

"bloou"



and my personal favorite... "to me it is art"
Next...how are they feeling?

"byoodfl"

"crase"

"party"
"tierd"


And...What were they thinking. I have no idea what some of these mean:)

"Hi, I'm a wierdo snowman"


"goste"


"Mega Nova scares you"


"mr,.alui"



"cokeanut"

Is this in some way supposed to resemble a coconut?


"mom"


I hope if I am a mom someday my kid thinks I'm a cross between the sun and Joe Cool...who watches over flowers.?.

"MRS MISHIN"




Is it a "she" machine in a clown car going over the high jump???

"blate ho lo"
I couldn't even tell you if this is appropriate, because I have no idea what is happening. What is in the microwave???

To be fair, we are working on a PowerPoint where they choose an unusual pet and do fun things with it. (An assignment based on the book "If I had a Dragon" by Amanda Ellery and Tom Ellery) Here are some GOOD pictures that will be placed in that PowerPoint.

If I had a monkey, we would "go to the moovies"


If I had a skunk, he could teach me how to "scare people"


If that isn't funny enough for you...here is a forwarded e-mail I got from a co-worker that IS funny. Make sure you read the letter underneath


Dear Mrs. Jones,

I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer. I work at Home Depot and I told Sarah how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had. Then I found one more in the back room, and several people were fighting over who would get it. Sarahʼs picture does NOT show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot. From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.

Sincerely, Mrs. Smith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori and I just read your blog.
It is hilarious!
We laughed out loud.
Have fun with the little kids.
Is that a cat in the microwave and the kids are saying "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!" ?
MOM

Chad said...

THOSE ARE FRIGGEN SO SWEET! I laughed...but I was also impressed with some of them. The last picture and letter was SO FUNNY!!

Clare & Tim said...

What's crazy is that if you attached a famous modern artist name to those, they would sell for MILLIONS..... still, very amusing!