Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bugs!

Not the icky ones that you find in your basement...or the ones that fly around outside and bite...the plastic sparkly ones you get from the dollar store:)
My 2nd graders worked hard on their insect (and spider) projects. One part was information/research, the other part was drawing the insect in Paint and being able to put that and a picture from the website in Word. I was so impressed by their work I decided to hang the pictures in the hall. (I always put things in page protectors otherwise the edges get ripped up in the hall.)
As I started hanging the marvelous pictures in the hallway...I decided they needed a little more punch- something to catch the eye. One of my classes canceled because of an assembly...so I hightailed it to the dollar store and picked up some punch. (not actual punch...just bugs)
I had a heckofatime attaching them to the wall with staples...but it turned out cute:)



In case your interested, I downloaded the buggy font from fontfreak.com. It has awesome fonts that you open, unzip, and drag into the fonts folder on your computer (under control panel). For those of you who don't know much about downloading fonts, once you get it in the font folder you can start using it!
Oh, and if you want to avoid finding exactly where to download, use this link. http://fontfreak.com/fonts-a.htm

3 comments:

Dan and Sarah said...

That's great. My first graders are going to be creating their own insect next week - too bad we don't have a good media teacher like you at our school!! What is that font called? I tried to find it with no luck.

Angie said...

It is called Tarantella MF:)

Anonymous said...

How cute!
Those dollar stores come in handy for teachers!
Keep up the good work!
MOM