Friday, May 28, 2021

Andy turns 9: A Basketball Birthday Party

Andy couldn't decide on a party theme until about 2 months before the party. He went from Sonic, to Pokemon (again) to football, to finally basketball...and I hadn't done that one yet, so I was game;)
I made him a shirt at the last second, and it was probably his favorite thing:)
The Food: I ended up getting cupcakes and making only one batch myself (and using leftover frosting from the other party), but I did make special pumpkin muffins with chocolate lines like basketballs, and orange chocolate covered oreos with basketball lines. I also drew lines on cuties.
The decorations: I realized pretty quickly that I didn't have much saved for the party because he decided on a theme so late. I got busy with my cricut and make some banners that worked perfectly. I also drew a basketball court and had some balloons outside, but I forgot to take a picture of that.
The activities: Well, the kids played in the backyard, jumped on the tramp, played foosball and ping pong when they weren't eating or at the park, but the main thing Andy wanted to do is to play a game at the park.
The singing: He often ends up conducting the rendition of Happy Birthday, and this was no exception. He was pretty excited about his Vikings gear presents (Cousins Jersey, water bottle, sweat bands), and the small hoop)
He really enjoyed it!

No comments: