Davina put on her blog that I've been "tagged". I'm supposed to list 5 interesting/Random things about myself, Top 5 places on your "want to see, or want to see again" list, and then "tag" 5 people at the end who are supposed to write on their blogs. (At least I think that is how it works.)
Five Random/weird facts about yourself:
1. John and I watch episodes of either "That 70’s Show" or "Seinfeld" for 1-3 hours every night. (usually I am scrapbooking at the same time) They are hilarious sitcoms to watch over and over.
2. I distinctly remember the first shirt I bought that cost over $20. It might even be the first shirt I remember buying that wasn’t second hand. I was in 8th grade and we were on vacation camping. We went into town so dad could check out the Berkley fishing outlet store. I fell in love with the shirt and BEGGED my parents to buy it for me. I was actually surprised when I got it.
HaHa…I just found a picture of it. Lori and Chad just happen to be in the picture. I think mom used it as our Christmas card that year.
3. Currently- I am one of the only people I know who has NO DESIRE to go to another country. (Canada doesn’t count).
4. In high school, one of my good friends (who I liked) asked me to homecoming. My family was eating supper at the time so I told him I would call him back. Instead, after supper, I called my other good friend for moral support. He dared me to say “no, sorry I don’t think that will work” and to hang up. Then to call back and say “Just kidding, I would love to go”. He put money on the fact that I didn’t have the guts to joke and say “no”. So….I called up my friend (the one I liked) and said “no, sorry I don’t think that will work.” And I hung up. I was shaking by this time. Then I called back….AND NO ONE ANSWERED!!! I called back like 3 times before he answered again. I told him about the bet, and apologized a ton. He still took me to homecoming:)
5. I will end on a positive note. In high school I joined track because it was a chance to stay in shape for volleyball, and socialize with friends (and boys). My sophomore year I ran the girls mile (1500 in Iowa) and did pretty well. By the end of the year I made it to state. I was in the slow heat at state (and was really nervous) but I ran great, and was in the lead during the last stretch. They said my name over the intercom, and I ran faster. I ended up with a personal best (5:09.) and 7th place.
My favorite places to visit/places I’d like to go
1. One of my favorite places to go (especially back in the day) was Spicer, Minnesota. My friend’s parents had a cabin on one of the lakes, and we would go up there in the summer to water-ski, wakeboard and tube. We would go up there in the winter to celebrate New Year, ice skate, ice fish, and play snow football. The first time we went, my friends’ parents sent us up with a van and a trailer containing all the supplies to set up the cabin. We put together bunk beds, picked up furniture, put bedding, towels, dishes and everything else in its place so they could come and enjoy it. Good times. Ironically, it was in Spicer, MN where my mom fell on her bike and broke her shoulder. I still hope to go back to Spicer someday soon.
2. I would love to go to the Great Sand Dunes (in southern Colorado). I’ve seen cool pictures, but I’ve never been there. http://www.nps.gov/grsa/
3. I’ve never been to California, so I guess there.
4. I can’t wait to go to the Omaha Zoo with John and my nephew Caleb (when he gets a little bit older). (The Omaha Zoo is one of the best in the United States.)
5. I would choose people over places any day. I would love to visit Karen in New Jersey, Sarah and Nicole in Central Iowa, Lori and Kyle in Lincoln, Davina and Kyle in Georgia, Becky in California, Erica in Prince Edward Island, and Sharla&Andy and my parents in Northwest Iowa.
I tag (if you want to): Christine, Chad, Sarah, Lori, and Nicole.